Monday, February 7, 2011

How do I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer? Let me count the ways....

Monday, February 7, 2011
This baby....

might just be my favorite wedding gift. It has been the biggest contributor to my increased domesticity. I can crank out a batch of chocolate chip cookies in 20 minutes (plus baking time). Breads, doughs, cakes, mashed potatoes, you name it - I can do it with my mixer.

So, needless to say, when Craig and I were invited to a friend's house for the Superbowl, I immediately volunteered to bake. So I spent most of my day Sunday doing just that. And here are the results....


Number 1 - Apple Pie
This has become one of my standard contributions to pot lucks. The crust is made from scratch and then just filled with apples, cinnamon, and sugar.  It's gotten many positive reviews and I have even given tutorials on making it to one of my friends (the same one who invited us for Superbowl). It's always a hit and very easy to make.



Number 2 - Pizza Bites
Who doesn't love pizza bites? Seriously, bite size pizza, you can't lose. These are homemade pizza dough wrapped around mozzerella and pepperoni. I served them with pizza sauce for dipping. I'm pleased to say none were left. They are a little heavy on the dough, but it's necessary to keep the filling from oozing out. Thankfully, the dough is delicious :-)

These dishes were complimented by stuffed mushrooms, spinach artichoke dip, chicken dip, cheese ball, and other goodies brought by friends. Superbowl was a success! Yummy food, good beer, and hanging out with good friends - can't go wrong!

Coming up later today.... an interesting happening from work last week.....

2 comments:

Kelly Fleming said...

Ummm...how am I just now finding out about your blog??

I would LOVE to have the recipe for your pizza bites! Will you share your genius on your BLOG??!!

-Kelly

Unknown said...

those pizza bites were even amazing on Saturday at Irish night!

Kelly - we'll have to make them when I visit, the girls will LOVE to help make them :)

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket