Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Adult Snow Days

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Well, I was all ready to go back to work on February 1. Work clothes were clean, dried, and hung up. Leftovers were packaged for me to bring for lunch. I even went to bed early.

Then, the great storm of 2011 arrived. And I got an extra two days off of work :-)

While Cincinnati didn't get much in the way of ice or snow (a bit, but not much), Dayton apparently got an inch or so of ice over the two days. And, since my place of employment is not only located in Dayton but it's degree of production is based on the weather, the powers that be decided to close us. I've never been so excited to get a phone call at 6:45 am.

So what to do with these two extra days? Let's see, I....

- Got even more sleep
- Finished Mad Men Season 1 (amazing! can't wait for season 2 to arrive)
- Baked beer bread
- Baked cookies
- Did all of the laundry in the house
- Changed sheets
- Read for pleasure

Having random days off as an adult rocks. I mean, I totally should have used some time for thesis work, but I honestly forgot until this moment. So, no harm, no foul. I'll pick up on that soon :-)

Craig and I are in the middle of figuring out taxes, replacing our hot water heater, and doing all sorts of other responsible adult things. More on those later!

Hope everybody survived the storm of the century!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket