Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We're still alive... promise :-)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011
To my faithful readers (the number of which I can count on one hand ;-)), I apologize for my absence. Life just hasn't been blogworthy lately. Who cares about going to work everyday, eating dinner, working out, and hanging with your spouse? Really... haha.

I did celebrate a birthday recently - I am now the big 2-4.... mid twenties.... crazy! I celebrated with some of my best friends with a UD style party - complete with a .2 mile walk between two houses.

Today has been a productive day here at the Schroeder house. In addition to the errands I ran all day (it being my day off and all), Craig and I finally cleaned out the gutters (yay!). We've had a crazy amount of rain lately and I noticed a couple of storms ago that the gutters on the rear of our house were apparently full... of something. Water was falling not through the downspout, but over the edge of the gutters. Our stop gap solution? An extra door we had laying around... it diverted the water away from the base of the house a little bit. I like to think it helped a little bit :-) But today, we finally hoisted Craig to the roof (ok, more like he climbed a ladder and I stood watch in case he fell and I needed to call 911). The gutters are now clean - yay!

Other things accomplished - changed our bed sheets, cleaned our bathroom, cooked corned beef and cabbage for the first time, and cleaned the kitchen. Woo hoo! I also set us up on Mint.com after many recomendations. It's a website that helps manage your money by monitoring your spending habits and the like. Hopefully this will get us on a better track for our future goals (buying the house, going on vacay with the Beckers this summer, paying student loans, etc) :-) I'll keep you guys posted on how we like it in a couple months.

Now that I've gotten you guys a quick (though in my mind boring) update... it's off to continue planning our vegetable garden! (yay!)

Oh, and Ms. Kelly - here are the links for the food I posted about before :-)
http://annies-eats.net/2010/02/01/pizza-bites/
http://annies-eats.com/2010/06/30/basic-pie-dough-tips-and-tricks/

1 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing update! I know Kelly will be pumped to see the recipes :)

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket